Health and Safety
Health and Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Mackleys is committed to the provision of a healthy and safe working environment for all employees, customers, staff and others who may be affected by our activities.
Appropriate financial and staffing resources will be allocated to ensure that all health and safety legislative requirements are complied with and that the most appropriate health and safety management systems are established, maintained and regularly reviewed for continuous improvement.
Mackleys has undergone a thorough review of all Health and Safety provisions resulting in the implementation of new SOP, induction requirements and formal training steps. Our crane staff are trained and qualified to NZQA Standards either through the Tai Poutini Polytechnic or other external providers to Unit Standards 16617 or 3795. In addition, all drivers complete the Load Security Course (unit Standard 1753).
With a dedicated operations and compliance supervisor in place, our staff regularly undergo site and task safety observation assessments to ensure they are compliant and to assess them for further training requirements and progression. External providers are also used to assess driving competency and load security. The results of these assessments form the basis for SOP and training reviews and are monitored through the Health and Safety Committee.
In particular, we will:
- Provide information, training and supervision to employees so that they are competent to perform their jobs safely, and ensure that appropriate information, training and supervision is provided to contract staff.
- Integrate health and safety into day-to-day management practices.
- Involve employees and contract staff as appropriate, in health and safety matters and encourage their active participation to enable provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
- Ensure incidents are accurately reported and investigated to prevent recurrence.
- Provide support and injury management to any employees hurt at work.