Consultancy / logistics
Cleeve Transport Group (CTG) has been a Lead Freight Provider (LFP) to clients for several years with great success. Most businesses have a need for logistics solutions, yet are not experts in the area of logistics. As a result companies spend a large amount of time trying to ensure they are paying a fair value for the services they use and in addition whether they are receiving appropriate service. However, without a broad understanding of all the options available and an unbiased bench mark, this can be difficult.
Finding cheaper freight is easy, finding sustainable solutions in which you can be confident of both value and service is often very difficult. We have a high level of experience and expertise in devising the best solution for servicing a broad spectrum of requirements at competitive rates. Using this experience we can evaluate your current needs and manage a solution for your business going forward. This will not involve our fleet, and as such, the service is run separate to our core freight business.
The normal implementation of an LFP process would be:
- Over an agreed time frame we will reconcile bills, understand load utility, visit key customers and have discussions encompassing all aspects of your businesses service and logistics requirements.
- Following this, CTG will develop a report on the effectiveness of the current solution, pricing level and risks or benefits. This is business that CTG would not be proposing to carry out and as such a conflict does not arise.
- After discussion with the client we would propose any changes (supplier, mode, pricing or configuration) that would result in an improvement for your business.
- At this point ongoing LFP management would commence where CTG takes responsibility for ensuring all carriers are providing correct value, service, invoicing and mode.
The advantages to a LFP arrangement are:
- A single payment is made each month by your business from a single invoice issued by CTG. This sees a reduction in administration.
- You are not committed to compromise solutions or modes due to being with one service provider – this has the benefits of a single provider without the drawbacks.
- Your interests are represented by an expert in logistics giving the best possible solution in each instance.
- LFP arrangements can greatly reduce risk as your business is not exposed to a single provider.
- Annual price checks and service audits are carried out automatically. A centralised management for all freight ensures accurate benchmarking.
- LFP is the best arrangement for maximising the benefit of intermodal freight. Often one provider cannot provide complete optimised solutions.
Pricing for LFP management is generally done with a fixed monthly management fee. This works best as charging a mark-up or percentage of saving can motivate behaviour away from an optimum solution to one that is simply cheapest. This also means we are only motivated to get you the best solution and have no conflict with national providers.